This list names all the women who currently hold CEO positions at S&P 500 companies. Women currently hold 23 (4.6%) of CEO positions at S&P 500 companies. To find out how many women are at other levels of S&P 500 companies, take a look at the Women in S&P 500 Companies pyramid.
- Mary T. Barra, General Motors Co. (GM)
- Heather Bresch, Mylan Inc.
- Ursula M. Burns, Xerox Corp.
- Debra A. Cafaro, Ventas Inc.
- Susan M. Cameron, Reynolds American Inc.
- Safra A. Catz, Oracle Corp. (co-CEO)
- Lynn J. Good, Duke Energy Corp.
- Marillyn A. Hewson, Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Ellen Kullman, EI DuPont De Nemours & Co. (DuPont)
- Lauralee E. Martin, HCP Inc.
- Gracia C. Martore, Gannett Co. Inc.
- Marissa Mayer, Yahoo Inc.
- Sheri S. McCoy, Avon Products Inc.
- Carol Meyrowitz, TJX Companies, Inc.
- Beth E. Mooney, KeyCorp
- Denise M. Morrison, Campbell Soup Co.
- Indra K. Nooyi, PepsiCo, Inc.
- Phebe N. Novakovic, General Dynamics Corp.
- Debra L. Reed, Sempra Energy Corp.
- Barbara Rentler, Ross Stores Inc.
- Virginia M. Rometty, International Business Machines (IBM) Corp.
- Irene B. Rosenfeld, Mondelez International Inc.
- Meg Whitman, Hewlett-Packard (HP) Corp.
Methodology: This list is based on the S&P list of companies published by Dow Jones from October 2014. Whenever possible, we update our list throughout the year whenever a woman becomes CEO or departs a CEO position at any of the listed companies. Women are counted in our list starting on the date they officially take over their positions. We strive to keep this list accurate and timely; if you have found that we have missed something, or have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Catalyst also maintains an historical list of women CEOs that have appeared on the Fortune list from 1972-2014. If you would like a copy of the list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to cite this product: Catalyst. Women CEOs of the S&P 500. New York: Catalyst, April 3, 2015